Discuss among yourselves and provide your views. Each needs to give or present your points one at a time. Present your next point after your classmates presented theirs. (Minimum 3 entries per student and the minimum length in one entry should not be less than 50 words ).
4 basic theories / models related to the Deficit Approaches in CMC. Mention and discuss them among yourselves.
Post your comments using the Reply space below. Don’t forget to click comment after writing up your entries.
PLEASE CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW:
or simply go to this url address : http://bit.ly/2RdDnaE
- Select two empirical research journal articles related CALL (OTHER THAN THE ONE YOU RECORDED PREVIOUSLY) of the same theme such as CALL pronunciation/reading/writing/listening, perceptions on CALL, effectiveness of CALL materials/software etc. Go to yahogroups file to view SAMPLE
- Get the approval of your lecturer on your selected empirical research journal articles.
- Upon approval by your lecturer, read both articles and then write a 5-8 page critical review paper on both articles.
- At the top of your critical review, write your name and metric number. Then write the full bibliographic entry of both articles you are reviewing, for example:
- Lafford, P. A. & Lafford, B. A. (2005). CMC Technologies for Teaching Foreign Languages: What’s on the Horizon? CALICO Journal 22(3), 679-709.
- Read through both articles first and try to understand it.Be critical when reading.
- Note the subheadings and the main ideas discussed.
- Begin your review by:
- Stating the title of each article, how the article was divided, and perhaps the significance of these subheadings in the Introduction paragraph with a clear thesis.
- Summarize concisely in 1-2 paragraphs the empirical study on CALL in each of the article
- aims/objectives/research questions,
- type of research,
- research instruments,
- Then in the proceeding paragraphs, review critically by generally answering these questions:
- What do you think of the article? – is it appropriate or relevant, useful, informative, interesting, timely?
- What are your opinions or views on the article? Why? Support this with examples from the article and maybe from other similar articles (please attached reference list).
- Do you agree/disagree with the author’s/s’ ideas/article? State specific examples to show this or by creating certain theme/s that you could extract from the article. (Cite or quote certain phrases or sentences from the article to support your point using correct and appropriate format for making citations)
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each article? Support this with examples from the article.
- Finally in the next few paragraphs, critically synthesise both articles by addressing these questions:
- What are the similarities between both articles? Support with examples in the articles.
- What are the differences between both articles? Support with examples in the articles.
- The critical review should be typed using Times New Roman Font 12, 1.5 spacing and should be in the range of 5-7 pages.
- Please submit your assignment in 2 formats (softcopy and hardcopy):
- Upload the softcopy onto yahoogroups by saving the document like this yourname_criticalreview
- Submit to your lecturer the hardcopy in class with your name and metric no at the top of the first page (Do not submit a cover page)