Dr Nik Ahmad Ridhwan Nik Mohd
Primary Email: email@example.com
Secondary Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: https://people.utm.my/ridhwan
School of Mechanical Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering,
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Phone (office): +607 553 4656
Fax (office) : +607 556 6159
Download resume: Nik Ridhwan resume
Nik Ridhwan is a senior lecturer of School of Mechanical Engineering at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Skudai, Johor, Malaysia. Nik studied for a Degree in Engineering (Mechanical – Aeronautics) and Master of Engineering (Mechanical) (by Research) at the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. Before joining UTM in 2005, he was a tutor in the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, at the Kolej Kejuruteraan dan Teknologi Malaysia (KUKTEM) Pahang, Malaysia for the duration of 1 year.
In 2007, he then pursued his study for PhD in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Liverpool. He carried out a PhD supervised by Professor George Barakos and Professor Kent Badcock on “Numerical Analysis of Rotors in Hover using Hybrid Navier-Stokes and Free-Wake Methods”. In his PhD work, he and his supervisor developed a hybrid method between Eulerian based Navier-Stokes CFD and Lagrangian based Vortex Particle Method using the Helicopter Multi-block CFD solver (developed by Prof. Barakos and his team at the CFD Laboratory, School of Engineering, University of Liverpool). After the award of his PhD in 2012, he returned to Universiti Teknologi Malaysia as a Lecturer at the School of Mechanical Engineering. He was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2013. His research interests fall in numerical and physical simulation of flows of steady and unsteady aerodynamics of flapping wing, rotorcraft aerodynamics, propeller aerodynamics, subsonic flow in ducts and low-speed wind turbine aerodynamics, vortex-induced instability in flow.
CFD Lab members at Liverpool University (2007-2011). Nik position at far back-right in the photo.
List of research grants secured.
List of publication can be found in the link below:
- Chan Wei Chung, co-supervisor. Topic: car aerodynamics (completed, 2018)
- Esam Abu Baker Ali Abu Baker, co-supervisor. Topic: Wind turbine aerodynamics. (ongoing)
- Mohamed Mohamed Takeyeldein Elsherbeiny, co-supervisor. Topic: Wind turbine aerodynamics. (ongoing)
- Nurul Farha binti Zainuddin, co-supervisor. Topic: Cyclist performance and brain activity monitoring. (ongoing)
- Muhammad Aizat bin Abd Halim, Main supervisor, Topic: Unsteady airbox aerodynamics (Completed, 2019)
- Student name, Topic: Cavity flows, (ongoing, 2019)
- Student name, Topic: Airbox aerodynamics, (ongoing, 2019)
- Student name, Topic: UAV wing aerodynamics, (ongoing, 2019)
- Student name, Topic: Helicopter aerodynamics, (ongoing, 2019)
- Student name, Topic: Gust effect on UAV, (ongoing, 2019)
- Member for the Graduate Thesis Abstract Panel (2018-2020)
- Member for student Industrial Training Committee (2018-2020)
- Coordinator for student Industrial Training Committee (2016-2018)
- AJK Buku panduan akademik FKM (2017-2019)
- Member of the Faculty Academic Committee (2016-2018)
- Member for student Industrial Training Committee (2014-2015)
- Coordinator for Finite Element course, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, UTM, Skudai, Malaysia (2014-2015)
Invited Journal Reviewer:
- Guess Editor, Journal of Aeronautics, Astronautics and Aviation, Taiwan.
- International Journal of Aerospace Engineering, Hindawi Limited.
- Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology Journal, UK
- Reviewer, The 7th International Graduate Conference on Engineering Sciences and Technology, Malaysia
- Reviewer, Journal of Aircraft Management and Technology (JATM), Brasil
- Reviewer, Jurnal Teknologi, UTM, Malaysia
- Reviewer, AEROTECH, UPM, Malaysia
- Reviewer, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Taylor’s University
- Wind tunnel of a new Proton car, Proton Holding Bhd , Malaysia, Year xxxx, completed.
- CFD of a new Perodua car, Perusahaan Otomobil kedua Sdn Bhd , Malaysia, Year xxxx, completed
- Wind tunnel of a new Modenas Motorbike, Motosikal dan Enjin Malaysia Sdn Bhd , Malaysia, Year xxxx, completed
- Vortex-induced vibration identification in the steam valve system using CFD, Petronas Gas Berhad, Jun 2018-Feb 2019, completed.