Dr. Wan Nurulhuda Binti Wan Shamsuri
Senior Lecturer, Physics Department, Faculty of Science
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 Skudai Johor
Tel (off): +607-5534087, Tel (h/p): +6011-11418797
Table of Contents Page Number
Statement of Teaching Responsibilities 2
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy 3
- Statement of Teaching Methodology/Strategies 4
- Description of Course Materials (Syllabi, Handouts,
Assignments, Exams, etc.) 5
- Efforts to Improve Teaching 8
- Teaching Goals: Short Terms & Long Terms 10
- List of Appendices 12
STATEMENT OF TEACHING RESPONSIBILITIES
Undergraduate Courses taught:
In thirty odd years of my teaching experience, I have taught several undergraduate subjects including SSCP2113 (Thermodynamics), SSCP3133 (Thermal and Statistical Physics), SSF1103/FIZ (Heat, Sound and Waves/Physics I), SSCP1811/1821 (Practical Physics 1), SSF/SSP 1223 (Modern Physics) and FIZ 0113 (Physics II: Electric & Magnet). I have incorporated cooperative, active or problem based learning way of teaching as well as methods for assessment and evaluation to my classes. I have also taught laboratories such as SSF 1801 (Physics Lab I), SSF/SSP 1811 (Physics Lab II) and SSF 2861/2871/3831 (Physics Lab IV).
Postgraduate course taught:
I am teaching Phase Transformation (MSCF1463), a postgraduate subject catered for postgraduate students at the master’s level for the mixed-mode program.
Aside from teaching, I also supervised/co-supervised 7 postgraduates research students currently. Many have graduated over the years. All my students are encouraged to publish in journals, book chapters and research monographs and present in conferences.
– Postgraduate Students – 5 PhD, 2 Master by Research, 1 Master by Taught Course.
– Undergraduate Research Projects – 2 students.
– Undergraduate students as Academic advisor – 10 students from 2014/15 intakes.
– Industrial Practical Training – (5-8 students per batch)
– Research Practical Training – 2 students fro Physics Department Faculty of science, UTM, 1 student from UTHM, Batu Pahat, 2 students from Universiti Malang, Indonesia.