Master of Human Resource Development for Offshore students!
Let’s pursue your dream! #livelifelearn #lifelonglearning
FINAL EXAMINATION MODE ON!
How to write an abstract for a journal
An effective abstract for a journal should be concise, clear, and informative. It should summarize the main points of the paper, including the research question, methods, results, and conclusions. It should also be written in a way that is accessible to a general audience, and not use jargon or technical terms that would be unfamiliar to most readers.
Tips for writing a good abstract:
- Keep the abstract to around 200-300 words, as most journals have a word limit for abstracts.
- Clearly state the research question and the main findings of the study.
- Use active voice and avoid passive voice constructions.
- Be sure to include key details such as the study design, sample size, and statistical tests used.
- Avoid using references or citations in the abstract.
- Proofread and revised the abstract for clarity and conciseness.
The content of an abstract must include :
- Introduction / Background: What is the importance of the research? What are the issues of the research?
- Objective: What are the aims of the research?
- Methodology: What is the research design? What are the population and sample? What is the sampling technique used? What is the research instrument used? What is the research setting (If any)?
- Findings: What are the findings obtained from the data analysis? Sum up those findings into one or two sentences
- Conclusion: What are the take-home messages based on the findings? Any implications of limitations or any suggestions for future research?
Hope these tips help you in writing your abstract! 😀
Congratulations and thank you Ibrahim!
Finally, one of my master mixed mode students has printed his thesis. Congratulations to Ibrahim!
Thank you for bringing the printed thesis to me and for the cake as well! Keep up the good work and success will be yours. ?