WELCOME TO MY SITE
PROF. DR. MAT UZIR WAHIT
B.Tech (Polymer), M.Eng (Polymer), PhD (Polymer Composites), USM
Prof. Dr. Mat Uzir Wahit graduated in Polymer Technology from Universiti Sains Malaysia in 1994. He obtained his MSc in Polymer Composites in 1999 from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). Prior to his appointment as a lecturer at Polymer Engineering Department, UTM in 1999, he was a process engineer at Philips Electronics (M) Sdn Bhd, Senai, Johor from 1994 to 1997. In 2006, he received his PhD degree in Polymer Nanocomposites from Universiti Sains Malaysia. Currently, he is appointed as a Professor in polymer engineering and science at UTM. Mat Uzir’s research interests pertain to advanced materials, natural fibre composite materials, rubber-toughened polymers, polymer nanocomposites and biomaterials including biodegradable polymers and shape memory polymer. Mat Uzir is a lecturer in the subjects of material science, polymer properties and polymer composites. He is also an organizer and a participant in a number of short courses and seminars and has published more than 100 research papers and conference proceedings on rubber toughened polymer, polymer blends, polymer nanocomposites, cellulose and biomaterials. He is a member of Plastics and Rubber Institute of Malaysia (PRIM).
Read Mat Uzir’s recent publications.
List of Recent Publications:
- Yusoff, N. I. S. M., Wahit, M. U., Jaafar, J., & Wong, T. W. (2018). Characterization of Graphene-Silk Fibroin Composites Film. Materials Today: Proceedings, 5(10), 21853-21860.
- Marzuki, N. H., Irfiani, N., Wahit, M. U., Othman, N., & Yusoff, N. I. S. M. (2018). Mechanical properties of kenaf fiber and montmorillonite reinforced recycled polyethylene terephthalate/recycled polypropylene. Materials Today: Proceedings, 5(10), 21879-21887.
- Sani, N. F. M., Wahit, M. U., Tham, W. H., & Majid, N. A. A. (2018, July). Biodegradable poly (xylitol sebacate dodecanoate)/nano-hydroxyapatite composite for potential used in biomedical applications. In AIP Conference Proceedings(Vol. 1985, No. 1, p. 020001). AIP Publishing LLC.
- Hasan, H. M., Wahit, M. U., Muhamad, Z., Man, S. H. C., & Othman, N. (2019). The Effect of Poly (ethylene-octene) Grafted Maleic Anhydride Elastomer (POEgMA) and Liquid Epoxidised Natural Rubber (LENR) on Mechanical Properties of Poly (hydroxyl-3-butyrate)(PHB). CHEMICAL ENGINEERING, 72.
- Yusoff, N. I. S. M., Wahit, M. U., Jaafar, J., & Wong, T. (2019). Structural and characterization studies of insoluble Thai Bombyx mori silk fibroin films. J. Fund. Appl. Sci, 15(1), 18-22.
- Hilmi, F. F., Wahit, M. U., Shukri, N. A., Ghazali, Z., & Zanuri, A. Z. (2019). Physico-chemical properties of biodegradable films of polyvinyl alcohol/sago starch for food packaging. Materials Today: Proceedings, 16, 1819-182.
- Al-Saleh, M. A., Yussuf, A. A., Al-Enezi, S., Kazemi, R., Wahit, M. U., Al-Shammari, T., & Al-Banna, A. (2019). Polypropylene/Graphene Nanocomposites: Effects of GNP Loading and Compatibilizers on the Mechanical and Thermal Properties. Materials, 12(23), 3924.