Our lab is fully equipped for molecular biology, protein chemistry and environmental biotechnology studies. Some of the equipments available:
Basic laboratory equipments, e.g. balance and microbalance, bench-top centrifuges, 4°C refrigerator, -20°C and -80°C freezers, incubators.
The specialised equipments available in our lab:
- Ultralow temperature incubator (-10 to 50°C)
- Low temperature incubator (15 to 50°C).
- Biological safety cabinet.
- Qiagen TissueLyser II, for high throughput sample disruption.
- Abnova Precipitor, for protein immunoprecipitation.
- Eppendorf Concentrator plus, for vacuum concentration of DNA/RNA, protein, and other liquid samples.
We are also a regular user of shared-facilities available at the Faculty, which include:
- ÄKTAprime plus protein purification system.
- ÄKTA pure protein purification system.
- Jasco J-1500 Circular Dichroism spectropolarimeter, for protein secondary structure determination.
- QSonica Probe ultrasonicator, for cell lysis.
- Malvern Microcal PEAQ Isothermal Titration Calorimeter (ITC), for protein-protein interaction studies.
- Agilent 7890B Gas Chromatography-Thermal Conductivity Detector System, for biogas analysis.
- Beckman Coulter Avanti J-30I centrifuge.
- NanoDrop 1000, for DNA and protein concentration determination.
- GenePulser electroporator, for cell transformation via electroshock treatment.
- EXQuest 2D protein spot cutter, for 2D gel analysis and spot cutter for peptide sequencing.
- ChemiDoc MP Imaging System, for imaging DNA and protein gels with chemiluminescence and multiplexing capability.
Circular dichroism spectropolarimeter
Ultralow temperature incubator
ÄKTA pure protein purification system
EXQuest 2D protein gel spot cutter
ChemiDoc MP gel imaging system