A happy HiHi session with my beloved students. I wish you all enjoy your study in your 5th semester under new normal (19-10-2020, 10 am – 10.50 am, Webex)
Meeting with my PA students in New Sem
Congrats to Cheng Yee!
Big congratulations to Cheng Yee who won the first place in Poster Pitching Competition under Research Month@FS program. (24/8/2020)
DIscussion with Final Year Project Students in New Semester
Welcome back to UTM campus, Nurul Syarena, Zuriani, Siti Salinah and Hao Lin! I hope you can plan your lab work well as you might have only not more than 10 weeks to complete your lab work and submit your report. Work for it!!
Virtual MoU and MOA Signing Ceremony with CSC Screen Process Supplies Sdn Bhd
A virtual Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) signing ceremony between Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and CSC Screen Process Supplies, was held in conjunction of FS Research Week 2021 on 16 March 2021. The ceremony was officiated by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aznah Nor Anuar, Vice Director of UTM Centre for Community & Industry Network. The MoU and MoA were signed by Professor Chemist Dr. Abdull Rahim Mohd Yusoff, Dean of the Faculty of Science, UTM and Mr Chew Chee Seng, Managing Director of CSC Screen Process Supplies Sdn Bhd. The MoU and MoA signing ceremony was witnessed by Assoc. Prof. Chemist Dr. Lee Siew Ling from UTM and Ms Leong Mei Foong from CSC Screen Process Supplies Sdn Bhd.
Attending the virtual signing ceremony were:
(CSC Screen Process Supplies Sdn Bhd)
1. Mr Chew Chee Seng (Managing Director)
2. Ms Leong Mei Foong (Senior Plant Manager)
3. Mr Chew Yi Quan (Head of Digital Department)
4. Dr Koh Pei Wen (R&D Executive)
5. Mr Chew Yi Bin (R&D Executive)
(Universiti Teknologi Malaysia)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aznah Nor Anuar (Vice Director, UTM Centre for Community & Industry Network)
- Professor Chemist Dr. Abdull Rahim Mohd Yusoff (Dean, Faculty of Science)
- Prof. Dr. Fadhilah Yusof (Deputy Dean – Academic & Student Affairs, Faculty of Science)
- Assoc. Prof. Chemist Dr. Zaiton Abdul Majid (Deputy Dean – Research, Innovation, Development & Alumni, Faculty of Science)
- Assoc. Prof. Chemist Dr. Shajarahtunnur Jamil (Director of Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science)
- Dr. Ezza Syuhada Sazali (Assistant Dean – External & Global Engagements)
- Dr Mohd Bakri Bakar (Assistant Dean – Continuing & TNE)
- Dr. Ganesan A/l Krishnan (Director, FS Research Week 2021)
- Assoc. Prof. Chemist Dr. Lee Siew Ling (Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science)
- Assoc. Prof. Chemist Dr. Roswanira Abd Wahab (Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science)
- Dr. Nursyafreena Atten (Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science)
- Dr. Mohd Fuad Mohamad (Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science)
The MoU and MoA were initiated by Dr. Lee Siew Ling and Mr Chew Chee Seng as a result of their previous collaborative research since 2014 under a MoU. Their research product of “New Photocatalyst of Homogeneous Nitrogen Doped Titania Nanomaterials” won a bronze award in the 17th Industrial Art and Technology Exhibition (INATEX) in 2015. The previous MoU ended in 2017.
The overarching aim of the MoU and MoA is to enable both FS and CSC to work together to develop strong links in research. With the signed MoU and MoA, both parties will continue to explore further opportunities for collaborative research in the development of performing fabric using promising photocatalyst. The collaboration would also beneficial to both parties in human resource and talents development as well as research grant securing.
Both UTM and CSC would like to express their gratitude to all the parties involved in ensuring this virtual MoU and MoA signing ceremony runs successfully.
Hello and Welcome,
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Lee Siew Ling
My name is Lee Siew Ling. I have grown up in small village at Johor. After obtaining my PhD degree in Material Chemistry from Universiti Putra Malaysia in 2004, I had worked as a postdoctoral researcher for 2 years at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. I have been serving as lecturer at Faculty of Science, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia since 2007. I have chosen teaching as my career because teaching is meaningful and challenging. My interest in teaching began when I worked as a tutor to assist undergraduates in their practical and tutorials during my PhD study. I realised that the importance of an educator to influence one’s learning and thus produce a positive impact in life.
Teaching is to facilitate learning. Teacher/lecturer is essential in helping students to understand a concept, exposing students to new knowledge and thus assisting them to apply the concepts.
Currently, I am an Associate Professor at Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, UTM. My main teaching responsibilities are undergraduate courses lecture. My teaching activities involve Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics and Electrochemistry and Corrosion Chemistry, Research Methodology and Information Retrieval and Laboratory Occupational Safety and Health lectures to undergraduate students. Besides, I am responsible to supervise the undergraduate and postgraduate researches in their research project. In every semester, I supervise 2 to 4 undergraduate students in research of catalysis and advanced materials.
Besides teaching, I enjoy in doing research. I am now the Fellow Researcher at the Center for Sustainable Nanomaterials, Ibnu Sina Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research. My research interest is in material chemistry for heterogeneous catalysis and mesoporous materials synthesis. I have received UTMShine Award in 2015 as one of the most active young researchers in UTM. I hope I would be able to contribute more to the development of community and industry through my research activities.