Associate Prof. Dr. Marlia Puteh
Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Member of staff at the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) Kuala Lumpur
Academic Expertise in Higher education policy research, Engineering education research, English language studies, Cross-cultural communication research and Web-based teaching & learning
2013 : Post-doctoral fellow and Visiting Professor UNESCO Chair for PBL and Engineering Education Aalborg University, Denmark
2007 : PhD. Asian Studies Monash University, Australia
2000 : MA in English Language Studies (MA ELS) Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia
1995 : B.Ed Teaching of English as A Second Language B.Ed TESL (Hons), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia
Professional Membership / Qualification
- Member ID: MA8931 – Member of the Asian Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (AsiaTEFL)
- Member ID: 51522445 – Member of International Association for Blended Learning.
- Member ID : LM 805 – A lifetime member of the Malaysian English Language Teaching Association (MELTA).
- Member ID : 01276 – A lifetime member of the Malaysian Society for Engineering and Technology (MySET).
- Member ID : PO201 – A member of the Society of Engineering Education Malaysia (SEEM).
- Member ID : L341/2014 – A lifetime member of the Qualitative Research Association of Malaysian (QRAM).
- Member ID : 10185 – A lifetime member of the Malaysian Mobile Learning Association.
Policy and Strategic Communication, 4IR Challenges in Higher Education, Corporate Communication
Issues related to the utilisation of web-based platform in the Teaching of English as a Second Language and mobile learning technology.
Awards & Honor
2012 : Supervisory Award – Certificate of Appreciation from the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran for excellent supervisory role
2011 : Opal Award Finalist – CQUniversity, Australia for excellence in international engagement
September 2016 : Mentor for Alumni Mentoring Program, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
August 2016 :
- Distinguished Alumni for the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Bronze medal in the Teaching and Learning Resources Category during the 3rd International Innovative Practices in Higher Education Expo (I-PHEX 2016)
August 2015 : Bronze medal in the Curriculum Innovation Category during the 2nd Innovative Practices in Higher Education Expo (I-PHEX 2015)
2013 : Excellent Service Award conferred by Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
2010 : Excellence in depositing publications in UTM Institutional Repository
2003 : Excellence in Teaching, Conferred by the Teaching and Learning Unit (UNIPEN), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
I still remember your advise : My role as supervisor is to guide. ‘With you I can make us a success; then I show you the way.’
How can i help?
Describe the problem you’re having and give the details. I will reply as specific as possible.