- Azlan, N.A., 2021. Spatial Inequality and Colonial Palimpsest in Kuala Lumpur. Global Reactions on COVID-19 and Urban Inequality Series, Volume 1: Community and Society
- Azlan, N.A., 2020. The Hashtag Game: Disrupting Dissent during the Bersih 4 Protest. Asiascape: Digital Asia, Vol 7, Issue 1-2.
- Azlan, N.A., 2018. Seditious Spaces: Protest in Post-Colonial Malaysia. A+BE Architecture and the Built Environment no. 26.
- Azlan, N.A., 2021. Sex and the City: Towards a More Gender Equitable Urban Environment, Perekabandar
- Azlan, N.A., 2021. Protest Repellant Urbanism, Monu #34
- Azlan, N.A., 2020. Access to Public Space during the Movement Control Order. The Citymaker
- Azlan, N.A., 2020. Spaces of Protest as Spaces of Democracy. The Malay Mail
- Azlan, N.A., 2016. Bersih 4: Street Protest as a Form of City-Making. Amateur Cities
- Azlan, N.A., 2015. Protest and Public Space in Kuala Lumpur. The Newsletter of International Institute of Asian Studies, Leiden, No 71, Summer 2015
Asiascape: Digital Asia Conference. Rethinking Communities in the 2018 Age of the Digital organised by Leiden University. Yellow vs Red: Digital/Spatial Divide demonstrated by protest in Malaysia
International Planning History Society Conference, Yokohama. From Colonial to Neoliberal: Urban Planning in Malaysia
Winter School: Media Activism and Postcolonial Futures at the 2017 Chinese University, Hong Kong organised by IIAS and SSRC
Summer School: Walking the Line – Art of Border Zones in Times of 2015 Crisis organised by the Asia and Europe Cluster, University of Heidelberg
Social Media and the Transformation of Public Space organised by 2014 Akademie van Wetenschappen, Amsterdam. The Hashtag Game: Protests in Postcolonial Kuala Lumpur.
Cities that Talk Conference organised by AESOP Young Academics at the University of Gothenburg. Kuala Lumpur: A Palimpsest of Anxieties
Winter School: Urban Hybridity in the Post-Colonial Age organised 2013 by IIAS at the University of Macau
CONCEPTUALISING A COMMUNITY-CENTRIC SMART CITY: TOWARDS THE IMPROVEMENT OF THE MALAYSIA SMART CITY FRAMEWORK (RM79700). 2020-2022
Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (Ministry of Higher Education) – Role: Principal Investigator
PUBLIC SPACE AND DEMOCRACY: A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS BETWEEN KUALA LUMPUR AND PUTRAJAYA (RM20000). 2019-2021
Tier 2 Research Grant (UTM) – Role: Principal Investigator