SENIOR LECTURER, B.Sc. (Chemistry), M.Sc. (Chemistry), Ph.D. (Gas Eng.) (UTM)
ASSOC. PROF. DR. GOH PEI SEAN
Goh Pei Sean is a Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Chemical and Energy Engineering at the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). She holds her undergraduate and master degree in chemistry from UTM where she received her PhD degree in Gas Engineering in 2012. Pei Sean is
a research fellow of the Advanced Membrane Research Technology Research Centre (AMTEC), UTM. She is also the Head of Nanostructured Materials Research Group in UTM. Her research interests focus on the synthesis of a wide range of nanostructured materials and their
composites for membrane-based separation processes. One of the main focuses of her research is the applications of carbon-based nanomaterials and polymeric nanocomposite membranes for acidic gas removal as well as desalination and wastewater treatment. Pei Sean has authored or co-authored more than 100 research papers. She has also contributed 10 book chapters and 1 edited research book. Her research publication has received about 2000 citations and her current H-index is 23.
Read Pei Sean’s recent publications.
List of Recent Publications:
- Wong K.C., Goh, P.S., Taniguchi T. Ismail A.F., Zahri K. The role of geometrically different carbon-based fillers on the formation and gas separation performance of nanocomposite membrane. Carbon 149 (2019) 33-44.
- Subramaniam M.N. Goh P.S., Lau, W.J.Lau, Ismail A.F.Ismail, The Roles of Nanomaterials in Conventional and Emerging Technologies for Heavy Metal Removal: A State-of-the-Art Review. Nanomaterials 9 (2019) 625.
- Subramaniam M.N. Goh P.S., Lau, W.J.Lau, Ismail A.F.Ismail, Gürsoy M., Karaman M. Synthesis of Titania nanotubes/polyaniline via rotating bed-plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition for enhanced visible light photodegradation. Applied Surface Science. 484, (2019) 740-750
- Said, N., Hasbullah, H., Abidin, M.N.Z., Ismail, A.F., Goh, P.S., Othman, M.H.D., Kadir, S.H.S.A., Kamal, F., Abdullah, M.S., Ng, B.C. Facile modification of polysulfone hollow-fiber membranes via the incorporation of well-dispersed iron oxide nanoparticles for protein purification, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 136 (2019) 47502.
- Rawindran, H., Lim, J.-W., Goh, P.S., Subramaniam, M.N., Ismail, A.F., Radi bin Nik M Daud, N.M., Rezaei-Dasht Arzhandi, M. Simultaneous separation and degradation of surfactants laden in produced water using PVDF/TiO 2 photocatalytic membrane, Journal of Cleaner Production, 221 (2019) 490-501.
Get in touch.
DR. GOH PEI SEAN
N29a, Advanced Membrane Technology Research Centre (AMTEC) [HICoE]
School of Chemical & Energy Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering,
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia,
81310 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia.