Academician at Department of Biosciences, Faculty of Science, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) since 2006. I am teaching Bioprocess Engineering for undergraduate students and Bioreactor Design for Postgraduate students. As researcher, I am actively involved in biofilm research by characterizing its interaction of biofilm and/or single bacteria to the material of interest. I am focusing various projects including:
- Development the antifouling formulation in inhibit or reduced the biofilm formation on marine structures,
- Reducing biofilm layer on the eschar and necrotic wound surfaces.
- Generation of bioenergy via microbial fuel cell by comparing the commercial anode and new developed POMS-anode material.
- Characterising the lateral forces via atomic force microscopy (AFM) between bacterial of interest to the modified medical implant surfaces
- Producing sustainable efficient bioflocculant for wastewater treatment plant.
- Development of portable bioflocculator.
Moreover, I am Trained Process Engineer at PetroSEP Engineering Sdn. Bhd., Kerteh Terengganu for one year, started from 1st March 2020 till Feb 2021 to fulfill the requirement in applying Professional Engineer and enhanced my skills and knowledge in Chemical Engineering.
Ts. DR. WAN ROSMIZA ZANA WAN DAGANG
Department of Biosciences,
Faculty of Science,
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 Skudai, Johor