Posting date: 10 Sept 2021
Scholarship for one (1) M.Sc. student in the field of ESR Quantum Computers is now open for application.
Information about this program:
This successful candidate will be tasked to create a microwave bridge, operating at X-band (around 8-9 GHz). This project involves developing an FPGA and a microwave bridge to generate a low frequency RF pulse/wave which will be up-converted to 8-9 GHz. The pulse/continuous wave will be used on an ESR sample at room temperature. The work will involve programming the FPGA, developing the microwave bridge, creating the resonator and sample for the project, and testing the pulse/CW on the sample.
Here are some of the information of this program:
- The candidate is to register as a student in the Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia under the Master of Philosophy (research) program.
- This vacancy is limited only to Malaysian nationality.
- Working hours: at least 5 days a week, 8 hours per day. Expected to work out of working hours and during weekends.
- Successful candidate will receive an allowance of RM 1300/month for 2 years. After 2 years, no allowance will be provided.
- Allowance is subjected to a review of research progress at the end of each semester.
- The candidate must be able to start from October 2021 onwards.
- Have least a basic degree in physics or electronics.
- Must be knowledgeable in basic electronics with a strong interest in programming.
- Preferably familiar with microwave/RF technology and FPGA programming but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in English language, both oral and written, is ideal but not mandatory.
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following documents by email to yungszen[at]utm.my:
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- B.Sc. transcript
- B.Sc. thesis
- Statement on motivation for pursuing postgraduate study (one page maximum)
- One recommendation letter
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Further information/queries should be directed to the yungszen[atmark]utm.my