LaTeX is a type-setting software that is ideal for writing scientific documents and journals. Here are some resources that might be helpful.
- Introduction to LaTeX/MikTeX and UTM Thesis Class/Template
- Document class & Packages
- Adding figures, tables and citations
- MikTeX (LaTeX version for windows)
- UTMthesis template for LaTeX
- UTMthesis forum
- Inkscape (An open-source EPS image editor)
- “The not so short introduction to LaTeX” by Tobias Oetiker, Hubert Partl, Irene Hyna and Elisabeth Schlegl
- A text editor (MikTeX comes with TeXworks. I am using Crimson/Emerald Editor).
- A PDF viewer (Adobe Reader, PDF X-change Viewer, etc.)
If MikTeX server in Singapore is down, you can try other locations (e.g. Japanese server)