PUBLICATIONS AND PAPER PRESENTED
- Language Switching among Malay Undergaduates in an English as a Second Language Writing. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. 2014
B) Indexed Journal (Scopus)
1. Islam, M.D and Stapa, M.. (2019). Investigating the Potentials of Classroom Assessment: A Critical Discussion. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT). 8(5C): 1172-1179.
2. Islam, M.S., Stapa, M, and Rahman, M.M. 2021. Promises and Pitfalls of the Higher Secondary English Textbook of Bangladesh: A Critical Evaluation. MEXTESOL Journal. 45(3):1-15.
C) Journal Non-Indexed
1. Mahani Stapa. (2012.) The Roles of L1 in L2 Writing. Journal of Teaching and Education. Vol No. 3 : 379-387
2. Shalini Srika Bala , Wan Fara Adlina Wan Mansor , Mahani Stapa , Mohamad Hassan Zakaria . (2012). Digital Portfolio and Professional Development of Language Teachers. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences 2012; 66: 176.
- Mahani Stapa, Noor Asniza Murad & Norasnita Ahmad. (2014). Engineering technical oral presentation: voices of the stakeholders. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences : 463-467.
- Ameen Akeem, Noor Zainab Abdul Razak & Mahani Stapa. 2020. A critical discourse study of July 15th former president Obasanjo’s letter to President Buhari. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Research. 6(2):40-44.
- Ameen Akeem & Mahani Stapa. 2020. Personality Traits And Second Language Learning: A Systematic Literature Review. Journal of Critical Review. 7(7): 1508-1515.
- Jeevaratnam, Jessica & Mahani Stapa. 2020. Cognitive Reading Strategies Employed By Form Three English As A Second Language (ESL) Students. LSP International Journal. 1(17):1-26.
- Jia, Jiannin & Mahani Stapa. 2020. Exploring Student’s Perspective On Cooperative
Learning To Enhance Speaking Skills Of Business English Undergraduates In Heibei Finance University (Hbfu). Proceedings Of The Virtual Language And Communication Postgraduate International Seminar.
- Mahani Stapa. 2017. Difficulties Faced By The Engineering Students In Delivering Effective Technical Oral Presentation. In Zaidah Zainal (ed.) Insights Into Tertiary Esl Classrooms. Skudai: UTM Press.
- Farah H Sahib & Mahani Stapa. 2021. Managing English Language Curriculum Reform in Malayian Primary Schools: Issues and Challenges. Proceedings of International Conference on Langauge, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences. 464-476.
E) Original Book
- Abdul Halim Abdul Raof, Masputeriah Hamzah, Khairi Izwan Abdullah, Adeline F. Louis, Rohayah Kahar, Adlina Abd. Samad, Ghazali Bunari, Khairuzilah Khalil, Mahani Stapa, Marzilah A, Aziz & Sarimah Shamsudin. (2003).English for Civil Engineering. Kuala Lumpur : McGraw-Hill (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd
F) Book Chapter
1. Mahani Stapa (2008). Using Bahasa Malaysia while Writing in English: A Case Study of Malay Students. In Noor Abidah Mohd. Omar and Zaidah Zainal (Eds.). Research In English Language Teaching. Skudai: Penerbit Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.
2. Shalini Srika Bala, Mohamad Hassan Zakaria & Mahani Stapa (2012).Patterns of Interaction and participation in online forum among undergraduates. In Wan Fara Adlina Wan Mansor (Ed).Research in Online Language Teaching and Learning. Johor Bahru: Penerbit UTM Press.
3. Mahani Stapa, Ling Siew Kiong. 2015. An Error Analysis of the
English Essays Written by Chinese Undergraduates. In Mahani Stapa and Haliza Jaafar
(Eds.)Research in Language Learning and Teaching. Skudai : UTM Press.
4. Haliza Jaafar, Mahani Stapa and Tina Koh Cheo Ling. 2015. The Techniques of Giving Explanation and Demonstrations in ESL Classroom. . In Mahani Stapa and Haliza Jaafar (Eds.)Research in Language Learning and Teaching. Skudai : UTM Press.
5. Mahani Stapa, Noor Asniza Murad & Norasnita Ahmad. (2017). Difficulties Faced by the Engineering Studets in Delivering Effective Technical Oral Presentation. In Hadina Habil & Shanti C Chandran (Eds.). Insight Into Tertiary ESL Classrooms. Skudai : UTM Press
I) Seminar/ Conference/ Workshop Paper
International Level/National level
|1.||Azian Abd. Aziz, Fauziah Ismail & Mahani Stapa. (2000). “A Restrospective Evaluation of ESP Materials: A Case Study.” Paper presented at International Seminar on language for Specific Purposes. Johor Bahru.|
|2.||Mahani Stapa. (2001). “Assessing Background Knowledge and Its Effects on Writing Performance of ESL Undergraduates”. Paper presented at 3rd. Annual Midwest Associations of Language Testers Conference, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.|
|3.||Mahani Stapa. 2002. “Promoting Language Use in an ESP Classroom Via On-Line Forum”. Paper presented at Malaysia International Conference On Language Teaching”. Seremban Hilton, Negeri Sembilan.|
|4.||Mahani Stapa (2003). “Promoting Independent Learning in An English for Civil Engineering Classroom”. Paper presented at Independent Learning Conference, University of Melbourne, Australia.|
|5.||Mahani Stapa (2005). “Promoting Self-Access Learning in an ESL Environment: Issues and Challenges”. Paper presented at Independent Learning Conference, Manukau Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand|
|6.||Mahani Stapa (2007). “Bilingualism and Written Academic Literacy: A Preliminary Insight Into Language Switching”. Paper presented at Post-Graduate Research Seminar, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom.|
|7.||Mahani Stapa (2008). “Bilingualism and academic writing: and insight into language switching”. Poster presentation at Multilingualism, Discourse and Ethnography Seminar, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom.|
|8.||Mahani Stapa (2008). “Using Bahasa Malaysia while Writing in English’. Paper presented at English and Asia: First International Conference, Kuala Lumpur.|
|9||Mahani Stapa (2012). “Roles of L1 in L2 Writing”. Paper presented at IJAS International Conference, Gottenheim, Germany.|
|10||Mahani Stapa (2015). “Think Malay, Write in English”. Paper presented at Language in Focus Conference, Cappadocia, Turkey.|
|11||Mahani Stapa. (2015). A Genre Analysis of Informative Emails Written by ESL Practitioners. Paper presented at Global Advances in Business Communication Conference. Michigan :USA|
|12||Mahani Stapa (2015). Preparing Students for Effective Engineering Technical Presentation through Self-study Multimedia Courseware. Paper presented at IJAS Conference. Rome, Italy.|
|13||Mahani Stapa. (2016). The Use of Speech Acts for Language and Social Development among Pre-school Children. Paper presented at IJAS Conference. Vienna, Austria.|
|14||Mahani Stapa (2016). The Utilization of Multimedia Courseware for Effective Technical Oral Presentation in Engineering Education.Paper presented at LSP International Conference, Kuala Lumpur.|
|15||Mahani Stapa, Nor Haniza Sarmin, Siti Norziahidayu Amzee Zamri, Muhammad Adam Izzuddin Mohd. Nasir (2019) To Go or Not to Go: Dealing with Language Barriers in a Study Abroad Programme. Paper presented at LSP International Conference, Johor Bahru.|
|16||Mahani Stapa (2018). To Go or Not to Go: Dealing with Academic Expectations in a Study Abroad Programme. Paper presented at IJAS International Conference, Munich, Germany.|