How to apply grant?
- Start with internal grant (compulsory)
- Apply for external grant (secured FRGS within 1-2 years after PhD)
- Assign at least 1 MSc. student for the grant
- Strategy: complete the grant ASAP and apply a new project
- Must complete and submit the final report to close the project
- Take care of your own grant record (blacklisted drop your reputation)
- Project progress (activity and claims)
- Set higher KPI for grant (high impact journal, exhibition, patent, filing, etc.)
- After 3-4 years, must apply PRGS for product prototype and commercialization.
Source: Wan Azmi Wan Hamzah (2020), a Professor from Universiti Malaysia Pahang.