source: UTM-CIAM website
- UTM Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (UTM-CIAM) is a Centre of Excellence (CoE) at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM).
- UTM-CIAM is established via a strategic cooperation with Oxford Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (OCIAM), which was launched through an MOU signed on 12 December 2012 in the presence of the Malaysian Minister for Higher Education, Dato’ Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin at St. Anne College, University of Oxford.
- Capacity building in advanced research areas of industrial & applied mathematics.
- Intensify research & development ( R & D ) on collaborative industrial & applied mathematics with fields related to engineering and technology.
- Advance multidisciplinary R & D by strengthening thecollaborative research, modelling and formulation of optimal & innovative mathematical modelling solutions for the local industry (use of mathematical techniques: differential equations, OR methods & statistical analysis)
- Promote practical & innovative applications of industrial and applied mathematics in industry to generate high quality applied research output.
- To become a top global centre for industrial and applied mathematics
- To advance multi-disciplinary research with industry.
- To enhance collaborative industrial & applied mathematics research with other disciplines, namely engineering and technology.
- To promote practical & innovative applications of industrial and applied mathematics.
- To produce high quality applicable research outcomes.