I had the opportunity to conduct a workshop on Learning Analytics. I used WEKA data mining software and the workshop participants also learned to interpret findings from Analytics; the Moodle plugin for Predictive Learning Analytics.
The following is my presentation slides.
Open Education Resources (OER) supports Sustainable Development Goal, SDG 4: Quality Education highlighted by UNESCO. There are a total of 17 SDGs highlighted by UNESCO.
In UTM, all new lecturers have to be exposed to the concept of using and developing OER to promote awareness about OER. I share below my simple presentation on using OER for teaching and learning.
Click the link for Download below:
Using OER for Teaching and Learning_SPPT
In UTM, one of the common hiccups that we have during the development of a MOOC is to constantly keeping update on how MOOC development is progressing. Hence, we came up with the idea of developing a system where MOOC developers can check and monitor their MOOC development as well as ensuring the content that they provide in their MOOC is aligned with national Garis Panduan Pembangunan dan Penyampaian MOOC Malaysia (2017).
Here is a presentation where I described the development of the system in Social Learning Conference in Sydney last November 2017. It is due to be published in Jan 2018.
Nurbiha_DD_MOOC Social Learning Conf 2017
Or you can view them on my isuu: https://issuu.com/nurbiha.shukor/docs/nurbiha_dd_mooc_social_learning_con
To all my students, do not forget the exam is just around the corner
UTM-MOOC now starts offering certificate to selected courses such as Telecommunication and Networking, Research Methods in Education, Web-based Multimedia Development and many more. We have tested the system and this is how an example of the certificate of completion looks like for my course; Telecommunication & Networking for a price of AUD $5:
LOG on to www.openlearning.com/utm to learn MORE COURSES for FREE!!
I received an interesting email about FameLab competition. Please read and join if you have what it takes!
Calling all young Scientists, Engineers, Technologists, Mathematicians & All STEM enthusiast (Ages 18-37) with a passion for public engagement to participate in FameLab Malaysia 2017!
- FameLab is inviting scientists, mathematicians and engineers across Malaysia to take part in its flagship science communications competition.
- Contestants have just 3 minutes to convey a scientific concept of their choice.
- They will be judged by leading researchers, media personalities and science policy makers on the content, clarity and charisma of their presentation.
- 10 FameLab finalists will receive a weekend COMMUNICATION MASTERCLASS run by some of the best science communicators from the United Kingdom. This is one of the biggest prizes for all FameLab finalists. The finalists will learn why public engagement is important, develop invaluable media and presentation skills, and get the opportunity to network with scientists from many different scientific fields!
- The Malaysia winner receives RM3,000 cash prize and represents Malaysia to compete against over 30 other contestants from around the world atThe Times Cheltenham Science Festival in June 2017.
And as former Famelab Malaysia participants yourself we want you to join us again for the 3rd year!
Find out more about FameLab 2017 at www.britishcouncil.my/famelab & at http://www.might.org.my/
For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Apply now until 19 February 2016!
Using elearning for teaching and learning has become increasingly important. In Malaysia, eLearning council at higher education level was formed not long ago considering the fact that learning anytime and anywhere has to take place in public universities in Malaysia.
As for today.. I am in Perlis! We have a MEIPTA meeting on 27th May 2016. And Perlis is a beauty of green paddy field. Check out the photo below:
I look forward to the meeting as many important decisions related to UTM-MOOC project will be made.
Lecturers; can we synonym that with ‘teachers’?
My great teachers
Having good friends makes teaching profession even more worthwhile