NIH aim to lead and consolidate anything related to HEALTH RESEARCH in Malaysia level (not only KKM). Consists of 6 institutes + 2 divisions;
- Institutes – IMR, IKU, ICR, IHM, IHSR, IHBR
- IMR – Institute for Medical Research 1900 (heritage builiding) – biomedical research. More on to services for lab facilities.
- IKU (IPH) – Institute for Public Health 1967 – Epidemilogical survey research. Population (school, population) and intervention based. Collaborative research with John Hopkins. Newton Omar Fund – collaborate with UK partner.
- CRC (ICR) – Clinical Research Centre 1998 – clinical research hub. Data patient masuk di Hospital. e.g. Drugs company do research using CRC support.
- IHM – Institute of Health Management – health management issues (manpower, costing. e.g. burnt out syndrome – then lihat bagaimana kerja nurse hectic sampai tak larat)
- IHSR – health policy & Systems Research [focus on qualitative study!] Dr Loo Li Lan (L3)
- IHBR – Health Behavioural Research (health education officer (e.g. psikologi, tingkahlaku pesakit dsb) [focus on qualitative study!]
- Divisions – Research Committee, NMIR (MOH only, use MOH facilities, use MOH Grant)
- Pangkalan Data sedia ada MOH.
- Mydata warehouse – all data di bawah KKM and private.
- Myhealthdata warehouse – all raw data di bawah KKM (services). These routine data boleh diolah menjadi secondary data yang akan menjadi research data.
- NIH – to hold health research data.
Vision: a leading health research organization towards enhancing the health and well being of the nation (not only KKM).
- To conduct effective and high impact health research that will improve the quality of life of the people
- To govern and manage health research in Malaysia that will address national health priorities
- To conduct training related to health research (under sector Biostatistic and Data Repository – Dr Azahadi)
- To provide health research consultancy (under sector Biostatistic and Data Repository – Dr Azahadi
NIH intend to consolidate the HEALTH RESERCH through these phases:
- Phase 1: Consolidate data from all NIH entities.
- Phase 2: Consolidate data yang menggunakan geran KKM. This is because the money belong to KKM – should return the data to KKM
- *Then after 1 year research – the data + list of outcomes will be given to Dr Azahadi sector.
NOW KKM is focusing on:
- Elderly. By 2015, Malaysia need to have success school aging – warga tua yang successful (ada sakit/tiada sakit).
- Sungai KimKim – kesan kepada ibu mengandung.
NIH research is policy driven research. The focus is on:
- Major to improvise service (25 mill go here)
- Minor about basic research (only 5 mill go here because most basic research has been covered by university).
- NIH Research cluster[hint!thegrantwillgobasedontheseclusters]
- National survey,
- Biomedical – basic medical research.
- BOD – Burden of disease,CD.
- NCD – health intervention package – obesity, diabetes, cardio & other disease (e.g. intervention – research is more like action research. Try based on control group and intervention (new way) – then if succeed (sustainable), this research will go to improve policy. Most of the intervention research now is a one-off project. Sad sad for the country.
- Environmental sustainability & climate change – e.g. kes sungai kimkim, power station, LINAS)
- UAQH (research by IHSR, IHM)
- Structured – especially on A, B,
- Unstructured data – perhaps on D, E, F
- Perhaps no Image data – ada tak on
NIH akan buat satu sistem untuk upload data daripada semua researcher dan download data daripada public.
Project attachment Dr Azahadi – Predictive Visual Analytics using NHMS data focus on Nutritional Data.
NHMS (national health and morbidity survey) intiatiated in 1986. Its objective to supplement community-baed data on the pattern of health common disease. Buat 10 tahun sekali (1986, 1996, 2006). Menteri suggest to shorten the study duration follow RMK – > now KKM decided to have 4 tahun sekali.
Expected outcomes: percentage on tahun 2019, 2025 and 2030 berapa ramai yang akan obesity based on nutritional data.
1. Obesiti vs demografi
2. Obesiti vs risk factors (kilocalories, protein, carbo, fat) – try this one first
3. Obesiti vs vege and fruit
4. Obesity vs physical activities
5. Obesity vs sedentary
2. Obesiti vs risk factors (kilocalories, protein, carbo, fat)
Normalization – “Data normalization is a way to bring the data to the same scale so that scale-sensitive models like regressions create better models (not give more weight to larger scaled data). Random Forests and Boosted models are less sensitive to this issue. To oversimplify – normalization is a feature transformation where you’re taking numeric columns and bringing all the values between -1 and 1 or some other standard or normalized scale.”
Adolescent 13-17 years –
yes – Sedentary – berapa jam duduk/baring (more / less than 4 hours).
yes – obesity fruit & vege