By Prof Dr Omar bin Yaakob (Marine Technology Center) – firstname.lastname@example.org. The slides from the presentation Omar Yaakob writing winnable Research Proposal UTMKL Final
Two basic duties of lecturer; lecture and research. I am here because I want to get:
- The right direction in applying grants.
- The new strategy since its very competitive nowadays.
The objectives (OBE);
- Identify the various sources of research grants
- Differentiate the scope of MOHE, MOSTI and UTM (GUP)
- Explain the important aspects that need to be considered in preparting proposals.
- Describe the various AUN-SEEN programs especially basic requirements and proposal mechanisms of CRI/CRC projects.
Habit no 8 (For Academic Staff only) Make it a habit to apply for all Research Grants
- “membujur lalu melintang patah” – the more you apply, the more you learn. Correction is the way of learning.
- Always be prepared and refine when the dateline comes. Then, make writing grant as a part of our work. Once any grant open, refine it meticulously and apply it quickly.
Type of Grants
FRGS, ERGS, PRGS, RAGS, RACE, GSPKPM – non-RU compete here.
TRGS – different field from same institution
LFGS – different field from different institution
COE – Prof Thariq, Prof Nazir, Prof.. – they got special grant from MOHE
RU – Only five RU eligible – they got special grant from MOHE (Thats why we are scared of MYRA – MYRA1 to get 100% instruments to be RU. MYRA2 — ? Then, from RU fund – go to UTM as GUP (RU Grant) – Geran Universiti Penyelidik
- MOHE only have 20 mil for S&T. Then, only 10% for 1900 grants application for FRGS last cycle.
- We have 2 chance. For the first round – the writer need to improvise and do correction, then the correction will be send to MOHE for second evaluation.
- Be meticulous in preparing proposals.
GUP (RU Grant) – RUG. Fund from MOHE for RU
- No second chance. E.g. V0t35 – you must provide quotation and justification – please dont do technical mistakes.
- Ensure to fulfill ALL the requirements meticulously.
- If group – then do as groupwork – do discussion and comment. E.g. as simple as email circulation, check every single work written – especially when your group get Prof.