E-content is not a new thing at UTM. But for me, it is a new thing. When I underwent my Latihan Ikhtisas, they were implementing this. So, I just know this when I attended the TES workshop last June 2019.
So, what is e-content [e-kandungan]?
E-content is any digital open access material based onDasar e-Pembelajaran Negara (DePAN) provided
1. it is developed/created/constructed by instructor(s) of an affiliated education institution
2. it does not infringe copyright
3. it is offered publicly through online medium for the purpose of teaching and learning .
4. it is accessible to public using variety of platforms except UTM e-Learning (for UTM e-Learning, any material linked or uploaded is accessible only to registered users)
How can e-content to be considered as bonus in ELPPT?
As long as your material fulfilled the 4 aspects as mentioned above, you can link it in your TES [Refer to the handout to see the steps involved] .
What are the materials considered as e-content?
- Social media
- Document sharing
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Collaboration tools
- Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
- Video-based learning
- Opencourse ware (OCW)
- Mobile Apps
- Computer-mediated reality
Disclaimer: Personally, I only know some of it because I have experienced creating/developing/using it. But others, I only hear from my colleagues who have developed and are using the materials in their class. So, my knowledge in this is rather limited though.