Community is a group of people living in the same palce or having a particular characteristic in common. E.g. Muslim community, Malaysia community, Putrajaya community. Then a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals is essential to tie them up.
For muslim, there are four fundamental elements to develop solid community:
1. Healthy relationship with AlQuran – Understand in deep and meaningful way. Deeper and evolving over the time. Halaqah of Al Quran means community exercise to understand Al Quran comprehensively.
2. Engage in our solat – Have heart and concious in our solat. It is the real way to remember Allah is through practicing quran in solat.
3. Solat Jumaat – Muslim convention every week without marketing. Khutbah jumaat is the opportunity to connect them back to Al Quran. Then please talk productive things – something related, practical and can help the individual and community in their life.
4. Study of Sirah – Muslim cannot really feel islam without understand their struggle – e.g Nation teach history. This is the way to give them the national/islam identity.
Barakah is a word from Tabarakah. Direct english translation -blessing has limited meaning. Here, we try to understand the deeper and beautiful meaning of barakah from arab definitions. Nouman Ali Khan helps us a lot on these.
Basically, arab linguists breakdown the barakah into three main parts:
- Growth and increases above and beyond expectations – it is like you plant a tree and then you get the forest.
- Something keeps coming continuously – it is like the rain keeps coming.
- remains in its place – stay and stable – it is like a camel kneels and sunk in the sand.
So part of what Barakah means is that logic says when you plant one seed in the ground, you expect one tree to come out of it; but in return, you get ten trees! Or after 10 years you come back and you get a forest in return!
That is barakah.
I hope one day the book we (UKM alumni) readers will say this “I remember I read only this book to start my phd journey, today that book still remains in my heart and I do realize what it saying one by one”.
That is barakah.
You may hear some people say “in my first year, I struggled to find one student to come to my classes, but today my school has grown so much that I have to turn away students because I don’t have capacity even though I have expanded three times already!”
That is barakah.
Finally, when Barakah from Allah comes, know that there is no end to Allah’s Barakah.
The concept of Overview and Details has been long introduced by Schneiderman 30 years back through visualization mantra. At that time I am form five at Sekolah Menengah Sains Muar 🙂
“Overview First, Zoom and Filter, then Details on demand”
Then after 30 years, we found the overview concept has been taken as the big picture. But the function for overview to cover the big picture concept is still inadequate. That’s why we need to extend the overview – by relating to its details and more importantly emphasized the interconnectedness between these elements.
To custom current BI tools, we tried to apply these concept by proposing the design below:
By proposing this layout, we intend to facilitate the challenge 1 that we shared from previous posting.
I am using BI Power Tools with custom visualization to develop this (please refer to the overview diagram)
Initially, I’ve found three challenges:
- How to embed the interconnectedness (see the lines with red dotes) within these customize visual diagrams?
- Putting flow to ease the cognitive understanding.
- Tracing the specific information when going to the deeper level ( filter) – in which the current dashboard will go to different pages.