- Settings only one or two sentences
- Straight to Problem Statement
- LR must be current (5 years)
- in line with government policy, national agenda and global aspiration (can help allecviate problem at local, national, or world level). Cite them.
- Specific, measurable (open ended), achievable (within group capacity), realistic within time frame (three years – 2 years?)
- PS -> RQ -> RO (knowledge to get from certain field)
- SMART – determine, identify, derive, show, establish. NOT smart – investigate, study, explore, observe (ok in goals, purpose not in the objectives).
- Related to Problem statement
- Not neccessarily tally with methodology
Ensure to tally between research question, objectives, methodology and conclusions
- Clear and detailed description
- Divide into a number of steps/tasks/phases clearly. means, not only bullet point – describe in the sentences.
- Explain each step/tasks clearly
- Explain the methods and tools/equipments to be used – not to be related to budgeting
- Show clear flow chart and gantt chart
- Put milestones every half year.
- Human Capital
- Matching geran from wherever – external grant. Within the grant – get and sustain the grant from external.
- 1 publication for each RM 20K.
Track Record and Composition of team – get senior staff with good track record to be part of the team
- Evidence of previous successful research projects
- Qualification and rack of researchers
- Well balanced team
Quality of proposal
- Proper use of language (grammar, spelling, sentence construction)
- Good formatting and presentation.
- Be reasonable, do not inflate
- Follow ceilings in guidelines
- Show how you derive the figures e.g. the tavelling local 3 x RM500, comsumables
- For equipment (v350000) and large single items in other votes, attach quotation equipment
- V11000 – upah dan elaun (GUP can pay local student, MOHE cannot pay RO/RA – only student)
- V21000 = Perjalanan
- V24000 – Sewaaan
- V27000 – bahan penyelidikan
Industry/goverment agencies support
- In GUP compulsory but in MOHE not compulsory but highly recommended.
- Two levels: non-committed, cash or in-kind