Hashtag – refer – classify – trend
We can use hashtag in facebook and Instagram has massive of hashtag. Then is easy to search from previous post (anything related to any particular post)
For academic purpose;
1. we can create one hashtag for one subject/ class.
2. During convocation – put hashtag on your pictures – then UTM photographer can grab those.
Creative Commons (CC) is one of several public copyright licenses that enable the free distribution of an otherwise copyrighted work https://creativecommons.org/. From the web, by using search in common button, we can search the materials (picture, video, text, graphics) from google, youtube, Flickr, music, wikimedia)
There are six license under CC:
I spend 3 weeks course (9 – 26 July 2017) with them. At Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) UTM Johor Bahru.
Alhamdulillah – Nice people & good networking.
.. 98 ayat – Surah Al Nahl
Allah expect you to seek for Allah refuge, whenever you want to recite Al Quran.
It will happen every single time when we want to engage with Al Quran (recite Al Quran, Solat) – Syaitan will Corrupt your experience with Allah – remember something else, misunderstand, misintepreted, not engage with the Al Quran
Genuinely need Allah to protect and guide us by reciting taawuz, Insya Allah.
Different methods for Active Learning:
- Group Discussion
- Jigsaw group
– split the students into 3 groups
– then give one task for each.
– Each group will discuss the task and become expert of that task (30
minutes).The members of each group will become an expert for each task.
– The member can go to other group and teach their expertise.
– Benefit: teach each other (remember well, develop communication skills)
- Peer thinking
- Sticky/loose note – at the end of the class – let them point me – what they don’t understand. -à then next class – terangkan balik konsep yang diorang tak faham à masukkan dalam forum elearning
- Forum – discussion
let the students upload points (make sure bagi deadline) – engage dgn students – know how they respond
- markah forum ini saya akan ambil kira apabila anda berada di atas pagar.
- Bagi hadiah untuk setiap ‘forum congeniality’
- You want marks – then produce evidence/do something.
- Print forum – as an evidence to bagi hadiah or atas pagar for better grades.
Among other active learning strategies
3. Execute activities using eLearning – next semester we can backup, copy and restore – then please do CQI for improvement.
4. Blank space at powerpoint – Von Risgoff Impact
5. Note check
7. Two minutes paper – assessment.
8. One Minute paper – summarize the lesson today.
e.g. Course UANP6013, Peperiksaan mid-term (ada perjumpaan ibu bapa amek report card – feedback)
e.g. Tesis Viva PhD
Tidak menilai process phd – hanya berdasarkan tesis. Sebab tu external perlu tanya SV tentang students capabilities.
|Formative – continuous on going to improve learning
||Summative – final to gauge quality
|Process-oriented: How learning is going
||Product-oriented: What’s been learned
|Reflective: Internally defined criteria/goals
||Prescriptive: Externally imposed standards.
|Diagnostic: Identify areas for improvement
||Judgemental: Arrive at an overall grad/score
|Flexibile: Adjust as problems are clarified.
||Fixed: To reward success, punish failure
(memang bersifat competitive)
|Absolute: Strive for ideal outcomes.
(Ikut minat pelajar)
Tips membetulkan homework anak.
Apabila ada homework yang salah, suruh anak jelaskan macamana dia buat (how knowledge) untuk dapat jawapan yang salah itu. Daripada penjelasan tersebut, kita kenalpasti dan terangkan kenapa dia salah (why knowledge). Kemudian baru betulkan semula (refine how and why knowledge) kesalahan tersebut.
Secara tidak langsung, sebenarnya kita telah berjaya mengajar anak tentang cara mereka berfikir (meta-cognitive knowledge) untuk dapatkan sebarang solusi terhadap masalah. Itulah dia roh berfikir aras tinggi (Higher Order Thinking Skills) dan itulah dia formative assessment.
Previously, we use normal referenced test (ujian rujukan norma – Bell-shaped graph) to assess the students’ assessment. Now, when we move to OBE – we are hardly to get bell-shaped graph anymore. This is because formative assessment use criterion reference test. It is like measuring people’s height – most of Malaysian will be between 1.5-1.7 meters height. But it is still valid for summative evaluation (e.g final exam) to get the bell-shaped graph again.
Hanya untuk nama sahaja – takde nilai nombor tersebut
||Course code at university, postcode, jersey number, races
Number ada pangkat (order)
– tidak boleh mencari nilai purata
||Ribbons in a talent contest, a student’s percentile rank, Liekert Scale
Equal units along the scale
|Equal units along the scale.
-skala yang paling banyak untuk memberi information
||Absolute meaning (means tahu mana nilai 0)
||Kelvin temperature, disctance in kilometre.
A. Why we need OBE?
No OBE means no accreditation by MQA. Based on Washington Accord (1989), by using OBE means the students as the product of OBE can work anyway in the country within/signed Washington Accord. Means our student capable to sell themselves internationally.
When you plan your teaching for a course, what is the first thing that you think about?
- Duration/important tasks – Kokilavani
- CO and previous CO.
- My answer is ‘what I want my student to get?’ = outcomes
Fresh graduate students quality I am looking for.
- Problem solvers
- Quality of the education
- Motivation – self determination.
- Communicate well
- Cert for skills.
Employers rating of skills/quality (2002)
- Communication (verbal & written)
- Command of English language
- Weak of communication skills.
- Teamwork skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethics
- Motivation & initiatives
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Leadership skills
- Self confidence
- Friendly/outgoing personality
- Well mannered
- GPA (3.0 or better)
- Sense of humour
From 30 years Professor’s experience
Potential students for good job. Even 3.9 CGPA Students’ – not ready for the industries. Because they are straight forward. When they come to industry which are open book, then there is no one ultimate answer. Then they don’t know what to answer. They fail.
Another story, 2.5 CGPA student is able to be with the fifth company because he always get better offer within 2 years. Because the quality of him as a human being (friendly, good communication skills, helpful).
How to improve soft skills
- Doing part time job. e.g Starbucks, receptionist, janitor.
- Doing part time job can increase the communication skills
- Down to earth – know how to respect people, listen to people.
- Experience nurture us to be more independent and appreciate value of life
- More nature than
- HOTS is better to be teach using natural activity instead of modules in the class.