Going for Arabic lunch while collecting data for FRGS research. Not many tourists, hmmmm what a tough luck.
(17 March 2016)
Alhamdulillah. The winner for the 3MT Competition (LA/FM/FTI) was Wan Fara Wani from LA. Congratulations!!!
Pray that she will be the winner for the social sciences category at the University Level. Aamiin.
The 3 Minute Thesis Competition for Language Academy, Faculty of Management and Faculty of Islamic Civilisations was held as follow:
Date : 15 March 2016
Place : Lecture Hall, T08
Time : 2.30 pm
Alhamdulillah LA had 3 representatives; Ali, Fara and Balqis.
Congratulations! They all did very well.👍
This is what we got from the discussion on the structure of argumentative texts.
Your actions are judged by your motives. Do it for worldly gains, that’s what you’ll get. The Almighty knows what’s in your heart; you can’t hide it. (Mufti Ismail Menk FB: 14 March 2016)
Dale Carnegie. 1993. The Leader in You. New York: Pocket Books
- I wanted a private secretary last year, and I put an ad in the paper under a box number. I bet I got three hundred replies…. But one woman was smart. She didn’t talk about what she wanted. She talked about what I wanted. … Her letter read like . this, “…I have had fifteen years experience…” She then went on to tell about the important men she had worked for… A woman like that has the business world at her feet. (P67)
- Look at things from other person’s point of view. It’s the single most important key to getting along in the world. (P69)
- The basic principle – always try to look at things from the other person’s perspective – applies just as well. (P70)
- The highly competitive retailing industry has really been the leader in seeing the world from the customer’s point of view. (P71)
- If you want to have more successful relationships with your customers, your family and your friends, look at things from the other person’s perspective. (P78)
Learn to be less argumentative. Instead of arguing, remain silent. There’s wisdom in praying for someone who makes it difficult for you. (Mufti Ismail Menk FB; 12 March 2016).
‘O Dawud (David)! Verily! We have placed you a successor on the earth; so judge you between men in truth (and justice) and follow not your desire – for it will mislead you from the path of Allah. Verily, those who wander astray from the path of Allah shall have a severe torment, because they forgot the Day of Reckoning’ (Al-Sad 38: 26; p 611)