It is not easy to communicate with narcissists or people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). They always want to win, will never listen to others and one thing I learnt recently about narcissistic people is that they are good at lying 🤥.
What is Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)?
From the healthline website, there are 9 official criteria for NPD.
- grandiose sense of self-importance
- preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
- belief they’re special and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions
- need for excessive admiration
- sense of entitlement
- interpersonally exploitative behavior
- lack of empathy
- envy of others or a belief that others are envious of them
- demonstration of arrogant and haughty behaviors or attitudes