The followings are not only relevant for war, but they can be applied in your daily tasks.
1. A speedy victory is the main object in war.
2. When your weapons are dull and ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and treasure spent, the chieftains of the neighbouring states will take advantage of your crisis to act. In that case, no man, however wise, will be able to avert the disastrous consequences that ensue.
3. A wise general sees to it that his troops feed on the enemy.
4. In order to make the soldiers courageous in overcoming the enemy, they must be roused to anger. In order to capture more booty from the enemy, soldiers must have their rewards.
5. What is valued in war is victory, not prolonged operations. And the general who understands how to employ troops is the minister of the people’s fate and arbiter of the nation’s destiny.